This is one of the single titles from the comprehensive book called “Bernard’s Christmas” [SKU 85220] Each single title is a variation on a piece by Bernard Andres. Bernard Andres is a well loved composer of harp music for students and for performance. His music ranges in difficulty from easy to advanced. Megan Metheney has taken the following titles and made them into a improvisatory type piece, weaving Christmas themes throughout. Megan is quite good at improvisation, so these arrangements will sometimes have a dreamy almost meditative feel. Additionally, most harpists have either studied or taught Andres’ music, and many harpists have his music in their gig bag.
The Andres titles Megan has used as her base for the entire book are listed below. Links are provided for those Andres titles we have in stock.
- Ribambelle #5 / Carol of the Bells
- Marelles #9 / Unto us is Born a Son
- Alkermes #1 / Gabriel’s Message
- Ribambelle #1 / The First Noel
- Marelles #12 / Tomorrow Shall be My Dancing Day
- Asters #6 / Whence Comes This Rush of Wings
- Les Petits Pas #12 / Still Still Still
- A Martine / What Child is This?
- Ribambelle #8 / Coventry Carol
- Un bal à la Campagne: Promenade / People, Look East
- Aquatintes #3 / We Three Kings of Orient Are
- Les Petits Pas #1 / O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Marelles #4 / Whence is that Goodly Fragrance?
- Asters #2 / Christ was Born on Christmas Day
- Danses d’Automne #5 / O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Tiento Per Pablo / I Wonder as I Wander
- Ribambelle #3 / Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella