These arrangements for one hand alone are designed for harpists who are recuperating from a hand or arm injury or for those who just want to strengthen their technique in one hand. The arrangements use the full range of bass and treble registers. Techniques such as pres de la table (p.d.l.t.) – playing near the soundboard, harmonics, rolled chords, grace notes and glissandi explore a wide variety of harp tonal colors. Upon recovery, the harpist may play the pieces divided between the hands. They are a good addition to a beginner’s lesson repertoire or an intermediate performer’s background music. ALL HARPS, LATE BEGINNER/EARLY INTERMEDIATE.
Table of Contents
- Farewell and Adieu to You Spanish Ladies
- Farewell, Little Katie, My Love (Bannaght Ihiat, Kirree Veg, My Graih)
- The Dangers of the Sea (Kyndagh rish my dangeryn jeh’n keayr)
- Praise God, My Friends (Moylley gys Jee, my chaarjyn)
- Carval Yoseph (Babes in the Woods)